Monday, December 25, 2006

The Joys of the Holidays

Well, Christmas is past (or, if anyone who is reading this suffers from GAD, will be over in exactly 28 minutes). But the scrumptious, perpetual feasts associated with this time of year don't have to end; nor the spirit of giving (and receiving! graciously, of course). Neither do the sleepless, excited nights, and the sporadic bursts of hysterical laughter in anticipation of that above mentioned, supposedly finis event. The memorable family conversations and feelings of simple love (for, well, everything) shouldn't share their demise with that of Christmas vacation. Yet, alas, as with any soap-box holy woman, I will be the first to deviate from the suggestions I presume to make. I am already experiencing intense feelings related to the gluttony of to- and preceeding day(s). And, I am hoping for some sleep tonight. (I do like that I haven't grown up enough to sleep on Christmas eve though... that is strangely reassuring.) Maybe we should create Christmasesque atmospheres every other week. That will allow for recovery time.

No comments: