Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The Untied States of America

No, the above is not a typo.
(nor is it meant to be unpatriotic in any sense)
I was perusing a flyer for who knows what (it must have been endorsing something quite unoriginal for the advertised something to escape my impeccable memory so quickly) when I noticed the above title in some enticing little description of some sort. I nearly didn't catch the innocent mistake, a simple exhange of two letters is often automatically corrected by our logic-insisting minds, but the morbid facet of my sense of humor soon overcame the brain-induced default and I was rather startled. Then amused. slightly. Since then, it has popped unexpectedly and erratically into my conscious thought; reluctantly drawing a smile with each recollection. TO BE CONTINUED....... ha, that was just a joke. Stop yelling at me to continue - I will soon enough. Geez, haven't you ever heard of being facetious? Well now you've experienced facetiousness; just take a chill pill sonny. Oh, you're going to sue me, eh? On what grounds? Disappointment, haha! Dashed hopes? Ha! That complaint will never be seriously upheld in a court system of the Untied States of America! What are you talking about? It.... already............. has... been? Impossible!
Well, I suppose this post will have to "be continued" after all. I apologize, but I need to digest the horrifying information I've just been forced to swallow. alright, strength, angela, strength. It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight, risin up to the challenge of our rivals.... *sniff*. TO BE CONTINUED.....

No comments: